Tuesday 16 August 2011

Motos

I wish I had a photo but unfortunately I don't - motos (motorbikes/scooters) are huge over here as in most Asian countries and the things you see on them are amazing as some of you will know.
Today was my first moto ride 'a trois' in Cambodia - all fine apart from the driver wandering why he wasn't going very fast - I didn't like to be rude and point out to him that firstly he had 3 people on his bike and secondly one of them was a big hefty westerner...
Some of the other things I have seen on the back of a moto are:
Family of four, around 40 chickens hanging by their feet and clucking away on the way to market, what looked like a three piece suite, 2 pigs and many other wonderful sights...
I was chatting to a lady I met today who works out here for another NGO and has been her for a year or so and she informed me that I was the only westerner who went around on a bike rather than a moto - well I always knew I liked to different and also I don't think anyone else would be safe on the roads even here if I was let loose on a moto!



No comments:

Post a Comment