Saturday 13 August 2011

Windowless

My room that I have now moved in to maybe windowless - yes no window but the compensation is that I have aircon and the room is free! - however the Smile cafe below has a lovely little view across the Mekong:


The Mekong flows unbelievable fast and is really high at the moment as there are floodings up river in Kratie.

Today I have just been floating around waiting to get into my room, was feeling a little lost earlier however feel much better now I have been able to unpack my rucksack a bit and had my first skype call with the Gloyns of Bunstead as well - which will always put a smile on my face.

Off to the market in the morning with a shopping list of things to get - pop up wardrobe, towels, etc all pretty mundane but luckily Vandong is coming with me as my Khmer is not up to that level yet - can manage the pleasantries of please and thank you's at the mo but haven't progressed further yet...

1 comment: