Monday 15 August 2011

Wat Nokor Bachey

So the main office of BSDA is located in Wat Nokor Bachey temple west of Kampong Cham City. You saw the ceiling of the office in the earlier blog here are some of the interior - the photos don't quite do it justice as they were taken on my ipod on my way home tonight - I'll get some better ones in the future.
Here is the main office building:
Then outside we have the Pool:

Wat Nokor is older than Angkor Wat and was left undestroyed during the Khmer Rouge reign.
 It is a mixture of Buddhism & Hinduism within the complex and it is beautiful. Better photos to follow another day.
Above it one of the entrances to the main temple - more photos of the interior of the temple another day when I am not on my bike.

2 comments:

  1. a good use of the bike! I love the pool xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where you are working???!!! WOW!! Lunch breaks will never be the same again with that view....!

    ReplyDelete