Sunday 8 April 2012

Exercise.....

So something has happened to me since coming out to Cambodia regarding exercise..... I've started to like it!!
Firstly I initiated an exercise group - so twice a week the ladies of Kampong Cham - well the ones who are mad enough - get together and do an hour or so of exercise. The group is usually taken by the more fit ones amongst us, who know what they are talking about -  Beate, Jeltje and Kelly - we did have Sergeant Sophie (a marathon runner) but she has returned to the UK now - they are great and come up with new routines every week and they make us work hard - I think they have pleasure researching boat camp routines on the internet!


Here are some of the ladies - Cookie, me, Jeljte, Laetitia, Kelly, Beate & Mary. I think the locals think we are all mad - they probably have a point!
Beate, who is the main motivator of the group even got us all watches to celebrate when we had all made it 10 times to the group - great magenta digital casio watches. And then Cookie who with me came up for the idea of this last weekend designed and ordered in our very own 'No Excuses Work-out' baseball caps - how cool....
Her are the ladies styling out the new caps - Jeltje, Pam, Kelly, Cookie, Amra, Beate, Maneesha & Laetitia

And then on top of that I seem to of started running - yep never thought I would say that either. I wouldn't say that I am eager to go every day or even overjoyed at the thought of going but once I start I actually am enjoying it - well in a weird sort of way!! I am starting slowing and only running 30 minutes a time and probably very slowly compared to others but it is 36 degrees out here with 70% humidity - so I think slow is good!! 
Watch this space to see if it continues!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is strange and weird and may have something to do with not being home, but being in Asia makes you exercise. Could of course be that it is nicer doing it outside than in a smelly gym in the UK. Running in that heat and humidity you get used to - slowly and it makes the hot season more bearable. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete