Saturday 7 January 2012

Wat Nokor Bachey

Here are some pic of Wat Norkor Bachey where I work, so if I need inspiration during the day i just take myself out for a wander round - very lucky I am.
Wat Nokor Bachey is actually older that the famous Wat Angkor at Siem Reap.


This is one of the very large pigs that live around the office - I nearly ran over one of them the other night in the dark - think I would come off worse if I had!









The colours are so vibrant and beautiful inside the Wats.










A great place to take an afternoon nap!



At lot of incense sticks!!





















If you keep going up this lane for about 1 km you get to the 'Smile Kids Vocational Centre and Village' that we run where the trainees live and learn a life skill to help them create a more sustainable future for them and their families.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Seang Sokheang. I would like to say thank you very much for your display the most parts of this Wat Norkor. My sister Sokhom, and I were born here at the half way down on the North side of this temple in September 1962 and 1964. As I remember, this Wat Norkor was called Wat-Angkor Knong. Now it is called Wat Norkor. My parents names, Mr. Seang Kimeach who worked and in charged the most of these Stupas around this temple, and my mother's name is Ngen Moeun. When I was a kid, all of these areas were my playground areas.

    At the present, my sister, my mother and I are living at Lynn, Massachusetts, USA. If any one know me,Sokheang, you can contact me with this E-mail: sokheang@comcast.net

    Again, thank you very much for your display my own village areas. Actually, I left this area since 1971. Now, as I wrote this information, it was Tuesday, June 12, 2012. It's about 41 years now since I lelf.

    ReplyDelete