Sunday 4 December 2011

Saturday morning - brrhhh

Now you might have been reading on this blog how we are now out of the rainy season here in Cambodia and now into the coldest season.
I didn't think it would ever be so cold that I would get goosebumps while having my Saturday morning coffee... but it is - I think a lot of it is also me becoming acclimatised as well.



But honestly I was nearly tempted to cycle home and get a jumper and we (me and Ali) were also thinking whether we could introduce tea-cosies to Cambodia so that out green tea wouldn't get cold too quickly......


Saturday mornings(sometimes all day!) when both Ali and I are in Kampong Cham we meet at Destiny Cafe for breakfast around 8ish sometimes we don't leave till 4ish! I know... but sometimes time passes by really quickly...

Anyway the view down the road from Destinys is to the river but opposite is a little bakery and also a place that has TV programmes playing for the locals.

 Here the locals come to watch TV and drink coconuts and I love the fact that the empty coconuts end up on the street and they grow in number throughout the day..



 And then there is this little bakery which does a roaring trade - bakes only one kind of cake and it looks a bit like a brioche but doesn't taste like it - I find it very foam like which as some of you know is not good for me as I hate foam with a passion. But they look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment