Tuesday 15 May 2012

Rach arrives in Cambodia

So as promised Rachael came out to visit and as I expected I got 10 days notice!! I was so excited as you can imagine, me and Rach back in Asia together, I couldn't wait - every time any one mentioned it a big smile came over my face.
I had been given a wish list - Angkor Wat, my home town; Kampong Cham, boutique spa hotels and lie ins.....  so I set about organising just what had been ordered.
Firstly picking her up at the airport in typically Cambodian style - well actually that would of been on a motobike so a tuk-tuk is the next best thing..

First photo of many of us together..... I must warn you now that Rach went photo mad and especially ones of me, so there are rather a lot of me.

So Rach arrived and we caught a tuk-tuk back into town and I loaded her into a bus to Siem Reap - we had no time to spare on this whirlwind trip of Cambodia!
First stop on the bus Rach encountered one of the roadside snacks out here - crickets - now I have to say I am not averse to a few fried crickets, Cambodian equivalent to crisps is how I see them, so I had no qualms about testing them out for Rach.
Go to the link below to see me munching away on a cricket much to Rachael's horror......

http://youtu.be/FH4kSUafArg

So we arrived in Siem Reap and then I found some food that Rach could eat and of course Rach had to document it - this was a pattern throughout the holiday which is great for me as usually there are no photos of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment