Sunday 8 April 2012

Rain in Kampong Cham

Well it seems like the rainy season is trying to start early over here!!

On Friday evening we all got stuck at the Pagoda for over an hour as the rain started at around 5.30pm, so I waited to see it it might clear up, but no there was no let up.
So I decided to make a run, or should I say cycle, for it - got on the bike, was soaked within seconds and then found out I had a completely flat tyre - arrgghh!! So had to cycle all the way home with a flat tyre as there was no one around on the roadside, like usually when it is dry, to mend it.

Then last night I was out on the riverside having a beer and muk (dried squid) at Hans - local lady who runs our favourite beer stall on the riverside - with Simon and the heavens opened - we managed to take shelter under the eaves of a building waiting for it to pass but just like the night before it was in to stay for a few hours. The lightening was fantastic. So after watching the water on the road rise by a couple of inches we decide to make a dash home - so my evening finished with me making a run to Smile in the middle of the road with my flipflops in hand and absolutely drenched!! the kids at the restaurant found it highly amusing when I arrived back!!

Think it's time to big out the waterproof bags and rain coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment