Tuesday 26 June 2012

'No Excuses' workout group 8km run

So as some of you know, I have started exercising over here in KC and at the mo we are training for a 10km run on the 21st July, so this weekend we had an 8km training run.
Considering that up until 5 weeks ago I had never run in my life, apart from after the odd bus or man neither of which were very successful! So this is quite a big ask, but I did it and am now looking forward to the 10km run.
Saturday morning at 6 am Thol our friendly tuk tuk driver picked us (Dary, Agnes, Hettie and I - Beate our coach was on her moto) and took us 8 km out of town from where we ran back into town.

 Hettie and I ran 8km and Agnes and Dary did 6km - here we are at the beginning, I have to say I am not sure where we summoning the excitement from!

All done for comic effect of course!! I am actually lying across the orange finish line that Beata put on the road for us - proper race you know!

The team, Amra came along to support at the end - she was meant to run but had been ill.
Celebration time at 7.30am with water, Royal D and some Party Juice!! Then we went off to the local cafe for some breakfast and then back to bed for a few hours!!
So bring on the 10km - I am hoping that I will enjoy all of the 10km, as with the first 6/7 km of this run I found ok and I was happy then the last 1 km I was thinking to myself why am I doing this .... a question I still can't fully answer but I know I am secretly enjoying it!

Think I will have a pair of trainers with me where ever I go from now on....






No comments:

Post a Comment